Get all of your business processes under control with Business Intelligence Reporting Software
Business intelligence (BI) reporting software is a must for any business looking to make data-driven decisions. Business intelligence reporting software can help you deal with the massive volumes of data that are generated each year that you need to decipher to give your business an edge. BI reporting tools are becoming much more important in today’s data analysis-heavy world.
In addition to business intelligence software, there are also tons of other great software to get your business ahead of the competition. There are marketing tools, SEO tools, AI writing tools, and many more, all of which can give you an edge.
In this roundup, we’ll take a look at the top seven BI tools on the market today.
We’ll discuss what BI reporting tools and software are and what benefits they can offer your business. Then we’ll take a closer look at each BI reporting tool on our list and dive into an overview, top features, and pricing systems. Finally, we’ll wrap things up with some thoughts on which BI reporting tool might be best for you.
What Is Business Intelligence Reporting Software?
Business intelligence reporting software is a tool that helps businesses make sense of their data. BI reporting tools are types of software that gather, process, analyze, and visualize data sources and massive volumes of past, present, and future data to generate valuable business insights, create actionable insights, generate BI reports, and ultimately simplify the decision-making process.
BI tools typically offer a variety of features, including
- Interactive dashboards
- Data visualizations
- KPI scorecards
- Report generation
- BI reports
- Ad hoc reporting
- Analyzing data
- Intuitive reporting process
- Relevant insights
- Data Analytics
BI reporting tools can also be used to track KPIs, monitor business performance, and more. The real magic of business intelligence reporting tools is in the technology used for data analysis.
What Are the Benefits of BI Reporting Tools?
There are many benefits of BI reporting tools, but some of the most notable ones include:
- Improved Decision-making: BI reporting tools can help businesses make better decisions by giving them access to data that they wouldn’t otherwise have.
- Increased Efficiency: BI reporting tools can help businesses automate tasks and processes, freeing up time for employees to focus on other things.
- Better Customer Service: BI reporting tools can help businesses track customer behaviour and preferences, allowing them to offer better customer service.
- Relevant Data Gathering: All businesses gather information from various data sources, including ERPs, APIs, CRMs, databases, and many more, so you will need a smart business intelligence tool to analyze the data.
- Each employee will have greater access to the data collected through the streamlined BI reporting process and simple BI reporting platform without requesting reports from the IT department.
What Should You Look For in a BI Reporting Tool?
Business intelligence reporting software could change the way your business operates for the better in many ways.
However, a few things are more essential to a good BI reporting software than others.
When choosing a BI reporting tool, here are four things you should keep in mind:
- Intuitive User Experience: People who aren’t tech savvy should be able to quickly query and find the answers they are looking for.
- Scalability: You need to have BI reporting software that will grow with your business.
- Customizable Dashboards: You need a BI reporting platform that allows you to create visually-driven insights quickly.
- Plug and Play Functionality: The right BI reporting platform must be flexible to grow with your company.
The List: The Top BI Reporting Software
Now that we’ve gone over what BI reporting software is and what to look for in a BI tool, let’s take a closer look at the top seven BI tools on the market today.
Datapine is a cloud-based BI software tool that offers a variety of features, including dashboards, data visualizations, and report generation. Datapine is a user-friendly tool that is easy to navigate.
- Predictive Analytics: Advanced data analysis and analytics features such as predictive analysis to forecast KPIs
- Intuitive Drag-and-Drop Interface: Easily drag your KPIs into the interface and see how your charts, chats and graphs transform into a professional dashboard without coding knowledge
- A.I. Powered Smart Insights and Alarms: Machine learning and pattern recognition technologies that alert users of anomalies and generate insights
- Multiple Reporting Options: Great BI reporting tools to create standard and customized reports and embed datapine into your own application to get all the benefits of BI reporting software without spending money on one of your own
- Interactive Dashboard Features: Drill-downs, chart zooms, hierarchal filters, widget linking, and more.
Pricing for Datapine
Pricing for Datapine begins after your free trial is over. Contact Datapine for prices.
HubSpot Marketing Analytics and Dashboard Software
HubSpot’s Marketing Analytics and Dashboard BI reporting software are one of the easier-to-use BI tools to measure and analyze your company’s campaign’s performance and marketing with analytics, dashboards, and reports.
- Easy to use: All of your marketing and CRM data is located at your fingertips in one place and with no coding knowledge needed
- Attribution Reporting: You can connect each customer interaction for both revenue and contacts
- Custom Report Builder: Brings together all of your data in one place without the need for spreadsheets
- Pre-built, Customizable, Flexible Dashboards: These can quickly be shared with your team via email or Slack
- Behavioural Events: Tracks custom interactions unique to your business and indicates when they are ready to move to the next stage of the buyer’s journey
- Account-based Marketing: Closes the gap between marketing and sales
Pricing for HubSpot
Pricing for HubSpot starts at $45 per month.
DOMO is a cloud-based BI reporting tool that is made of many systems that connect the data, extend it with pre-built and custom apps from the Domo Appstore, and everything in between. You can connect the data across your whole business using machine learning and AI capabilities while letting users explore the data themselves. DOMO has been around for a while, helping businesses with their BI reporting needs since 2011.
- Magic ETL Feature: Data transformation tools help you prepare your data with a drag-and-drop Magic ETL without the need for coding.
- Pre-built Cloud Connectors: Connect to more than 1000 pre-built cloud connectors, the DOMO Workbench, proprietary systems, and federated connectors that let you query the data where it’s hosted.
- Predictive Analysis: DOMO’s AI engine is powered by Mr. Roboto, which lets data scientists create predictive models with artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, and more.
- Auto-suggested Visualizations: Data visualizations let you take raw data and turn it into charts, graphs, maps, and more.
- DOMO Appstore: An ecosystem of pre-built apps, connector APIs and dashboards, plus you can build your own app and share it in the Appstore
Pricing for DOMO
Contact DOMO for a price, but you can try it for free.
Zoho Analytics is a BI reporting tool that offers many products such as CRM, bundles, and apps that solve business intelligence reporting solutions.
It has more than 500 business app integrations and 10,000 customers globally.
- Zia, the Intelligent Assistant: An AI-powered assistant for analytics where you ask questions in natural language and receive an answer through reports and KPI widgets.
- Commenting on Shared Reports: Collaboration is made easier with real-time commenting on shared reports, charts, tables, dashboards, and more.
- Deep Analytics: Spreadsheet-like interface will give you a deeper look at analytics and reporting and is similar to Excel for easy use.
- Visualizing and Blending Data: Blends data from multiple data sources so business users can visualize the data on reports and dashboards.
Pricing for Zoho Analytics
Pricing for Zoho Analytics starts at $24 per month. There is a free 15-day trial, and no credit card is required.
Dundas BI is a business intelligence tool with high ratings on Capterra and the G2 crowd (4.5 out of 5). It’s one of the best business intelligence tools for analyzing data, BI reports, ad hoc reports, and visual analytics. This BI software was founded in 1992 under Dundas and evolved into Dundas BI in 2015 as a powerful end-to-end analytics business intelligence software.
- Tailored Analytics: Offers real-time data so you can easily create, interact, and monitor your data. You can analyze data and generate business intelligence reports.
- Seamless Integration: Fully programmable BI reports platform that can be customized by regular end-users and advanced business users.
- Great Mobile Experience: Share, view, and create dashboards via mobile.
- Interactivity: The platform offers highly interactive options such as chart animated transition, data brushing, and smart recommendations.
Pricing for Dundas BI
Pricing for Dundas BI is flexible; you must contact them for a quote. Many quality options are included in their licensing plan.
IBM Cognos Analytics
IBM Cognos Analytics is a cloud-based BI tool from Microsoft for BI reporting that offers a variety of features, including dashboards, data visualizations, BI reports, and more. IBM Cognos Analytics is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
You can ask questions in plain language to communicate and do not need coding skills to operate it.
- Single Data Module: Multiple data sources come into one place, allowing team members to make their own insights.
- Search Function: Enables users to access and discover recently used content.
- AI Assistance: Communicate in plain language to get suitable visualizations.
- Massive Knowledge Center: Tons of learning resources, a robust community, and great support.
- Modern BI Reporting: Will generate complex reports from simple commands
IBM Cognos Analytics Pricing
IBM Cognos Analytics pricing must be obtained from the company, but they have a free 30-day trial.
SAS Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence is a business intelligence reporting tool that offers many technologies and products for text analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and more. SAS was founded in the 70s and has been helping businesses with their business intelligence reporting ever since.
- Machine Learning Data Exploration: Automated analysis with machine learning compiled with simple commands.
- Text Analytics Capabilities: Text analytics enable you to gain valuable insights such as location analytics and social media data.
- Application Integration: Integrates with Microsoft Office platforms to view your results in Office Suite applications.
- Different Subjects: Offers different BI technologies and products focused on visual data exploration, easy analytics, collaboration, mobile apps, and interactive reporting.
SAS Business Intelligence Pricing
SAS Business Intelligence pricing can be requested from SAS. You can get a free trial and also request a free demo.
The Top 7 BI Reporting Software Wrap Up
There you have it!
The top seven BI reporting tools on the market today.
Now that you know what BI reporting software is and what to look for in a BI tool, you can decide which BI tool is right for your business.