Many eCommerce companies need a fulfillment company to help complete their customer’s buying process
If you’re looking for a fulfillment service to get your products from your supplier to your customers, you’re in luck. There are a lot of them on the market, and it can be hard to decide which one is right for your business. If you are looking to start an online eCommerce business, there are plenty of options.
First, let’s answer a few questions you might have about fulfillment services, fulfillment company methods, and the benefits of using eCommerce fulfillment services to help your company supply your customers.
What Are the 3 Best Order Fulfillment Methods?
There are three ways to fulfil your customer’s orders:
- Your company fulfils your customer’s owners independently or with a team
- Sell a product from a drop shipper, who then fulfills your orders
- Use a logistics company that will handle your warehousing and fulfillment
What Are eCommerce Fulfillment Services?
Fulfillment services provide a great way for businesses that don’t want the hassle of shipping their own orders or needing more room in an already full warehouse. They can be especially helpful if you have outgrown traditional storage needs and can no longer ship effectively on your own.
What Does An eCommerce Fulfillment Center Do?
Fulfillment centers are vital to the success of any eCommerce company. They act as a command center for all your order prepping and shipping needs while also storing inventory so that it can be delivered quickly in case someone else wants what you have on hand or if there’s an issue with one particular product line which would otherwise cause delays during customer ordering time frames
What Are the Benefits For Your eCommerce Business?
Third-party providers offer many benefits to eCommerce companies, so it’s no surprise that they’re popular.
- Fulfillment services provide an opportunity for growth by expanding the reach and selling products across the globe while handling customer service assistance and their own operations
- Shipping costs can be reduced because of proximity between multiple locations where customers are located (especially if these fulfillment centers have distribution networks), which leads them to order more often than before; this means higher volume with low per unit cost due to increased scale & efficiency
- Lastly, there is improved branding through customized packaging options like boxes made out of paper rather than plastic
Chose the Best Fulfillment Services Company For Your Business
This blog post will rank and review the 7 best fulfillment services on the market. We’ll give you an overview of what each service is, the top features, and the price of each service.
Whether you’re looking for a small business fulfillment service or something more specific, like eCommerce fulfillment services and a good fulfillment partner, we’ve got you covered.
What Are the Best Fulfillment Services on the Market?
If you have an eCommerce then you need to make sure you are using a fulfillment service that will get your products to your customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. Different businesses sell different products in different volumes to different parts of the world. You must choose a fulfillment service that works well with your business’s structure.
So do your research, know your company’s needs, and choose a fulfillment service that will get your products to your customers effectively. Let’s get into the list.
The List: The 7 Best Fulfillment Services for Your eCommerce Store
Here is our breakdown of the 7 best fulfillment services to get the most out of your eCommerce business.
Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN)
Shopify Fulfillment Network is a fulfillment company that provides fulfillment services to Shopify merchants. SFN is fulfilled by Amazon with Shopify’s backend. This means that orders placed on Shopify stores are fulfilled by Amazon.
If you already have a Shopify store, then you might as well use a fulfillment company that can provide you with fulfillment services in the same place. Shopify is one of the biggest eCommerce platforms on the planet, so it only makes sense that they are one of the biggest fulfillment companies as well.
Top Features of Shopify Fulfillment Network
- Fast and free shipping for orders over $35
- Custom packing slips on your order fulfillment for your distribution services
- Shopify merchants can use fulfillment services with Shopify’s backend
- Outsource all the shipping and handling from your order fulfillment process to Shopify, even the returns
- Your customers can see exactly what they will get with their purchases because you’re using the same platform
- Two-day delivery time
- No upfront fees for the first six months
- Products can be stored for the first six months with no storage fee
- Cost is based on the weight of the product
- There is no monthly fee for using SFN.
- Merchants only pay when inventory is sold
- Shopify merchants can use fulfillment services with Shopify’s backend. This means that orders placed on Shopify stores are fulfilled by Amazon. Fees are assessed per order.
- Products that don’t sell within 6 months get a $2.25 per cubic foot storage fee
Rakuten Super Logistics
Rakuten Super Logistics is an eCommerce fulfillment company that was started in 2014. They are headquartered in Los Angeles and have fulfillment centers across the US. Rakuten Super Logistics has a network of over 15,000 carriers through multiple fulfillment centers and offers same-day shipping for orders placed before 12:00 pm PST. They are an order fulfillment company that offers two pricing plans: pay as you go or monthly subscription.
Top Features of Rakuten Super Logistics
- Real-time tracking, meaning you can see where your order is at every step of the fulfillment process
- 100% guaranteed accuracy for their fulfilment services
- Order consolidation, which means this fulfillment company can consolidate multiple orders into one shipment to save you on shipping costs
- A returns management system that allows you to optimize the returns fulfilment process quickly and efficiently
- Rakuten Super Logistics is a great fulfillment service for businesses of all sizes
- A network of over 15,000 carriers gives you plenty of options for shipping your orders
- The real-time tracking feature is also beneficial, as you can always see where your order is and when it will be delivered
- Do not have a fulfillment center in every state, so if you are shipping to a location that is not near one of their fulfillment centers, it may take longer for your order to be delivered.
Rakuten Super Logistics can give you a quote about pricing your eCommerce fulfillment services.
Fulfillment by Amazon
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) has fulfillment services offered by Amazon.com.
With FBA, Amazon store owners can send their products to an Amazon fulfillment center, where they will be stored, packaged, and shipped to customers on behalf of the store owner. FBA is a convenient way for store owners to outsource the fulfillment process to Amazon, freeing up time and resources that can be better spent on other aspects of their business.
Amazon FBA would be a great fulfillment partner for your business and its order fulfillment services.
Fulfillment by Amazon’s Top Features
- Fulfillment by Amazon offers fulfillment services through Amazon.com that allow store owners to send their products to an Amazon fulfillment center, the largest fulfillment company in the world.
- Products stored in an Amazon fulfillment center will be packaged and shipped to customers on behalf of the store owner.
- FBA is a convenient way for store owners to outsource their fulfillment needs to Amazon by using their order fulfillment services, freeing up time and resources that can be better spent on other aspects of their business.
- A convenient way to outsource fulfillment needs to Amazon
- Frees up time and resources that can be better spent on other aspects of business
- Extensive customer support for order fulfillment for top customer satisfaction
- The biggest eCommerce fulfillment provider with elite fulfillment software to assist your online store
- Lower shipping costs than other smaller fulfillment service providers
- A monthly subscription fee plus a per-item fulfillment fee can be expensive for some store owners
Amazon’s fulfillment company, FBA, offers eCommerce fulfillment services priced on the product’s size and weight.
ShipBob is a fulfillment service that helps eCommerce businesses with order fulfillment and logistics. They have fulfillment centers in the US, Canada, and Europe, allowing them to ship orders quickly and efficiently.
ShipBob is a fulfillment center available right inside the Shopify App Store. This order fulfillment company can work with both DTCs and a B2B eCommerce business.
Top Features of ShipBob
- Fulfillment centers in the US, Canada, and Europe
- Quick and efficient shipping
- Order tracking
- Easy process: connect to ShipBob’s software, import the catalogue from your eCommerce business, and send ShipBob your inventory
- Great fulfillment center customer support
- This eCommerce fulfillment company has fulfillment centers in the US, Canada, and Europe, allowing ShipBob to ship orders quickly and efficiently.
- Quick and efficient shipping and order fulfillment services: ShipBob can get orders to customers quickly and without any hassle.
- Order tracking: Customers can track their order fulfillment easily with ShipBob’s online system.
- Customer support: ShipBob’s customer support team is available 24/ seven to help with any issues that may arise to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Need to request a price
- Is one of the smaller companies compared to Shopify or Amazon
ShipBob has a pricing calculator, but you must request a quote for specific pricing.
ShipBob also offers a la carte services for an additional fee. These services include:
- Storage: $0.25 per cubic foot per month
- Packing: $0.25 per order
- Shipping: variable rates depending on destination
FedEx Fulfillment is a fulfillment service that helps businesses with their order fulfillment shipping and logistics needs, especially overseas.
The service offers a variety of features, including the ability to track shipments, create shipping labels, and manage inventory. FedEx Fulfillment is one of the best eCommerce fulfillment companies to reach your fulfillment network across oceans and borders.
Top Features of FedEx Fulfillment
- The ability to track shipments overseas efficiently
- The ability to create shipping labels for your online store
- Many eCommerce integrations
- A well-known company that has gotten into the field with other fulfillment companies
- The ability to manage inventory for your online store
- A variety of pricing options for their shipping services
- The ability to track shipments
- The ability to create shipping labels
- The ability to manage inventory
- A variety of pricing options
- Inconsistent customer assistance that could hinder your business growth
- No setup fees for the entire process
FedEx Fulfillment offers a variety of pricing options, depending on the business’s needs. The service can be customized to fit the business’s budget and shipping needs. Contact FedEx for more information on pricing options.
Deliverr fulfillment services is a third-party logistics provider that offers businesses of all sizes the ability to outsource their fulfillment and shipping needs.
The company has fulfillment centers across the United States and offers same-day, one-day, and two-day shipping options. Deliverr also offers various features, including order tracking, order management, and customer support.
If you have an online store based in the US, Deliverr is one of the best fulfillment companies.
Top Features of Deliverr
- Order tracking: Track your orders in real-time and receive updates on the status of your shipments.
- Order management: Manage your orders from start to finish, including cancelling or changing orders, processing refunds, and managing returns.
- Customer support: Deliverr offers 24/seven customer support via phone, email, and live chat.
- Fast shipping times: Deliverr offers same-day, one-day, and two-day shipping options.
- Wide range of features: The company offers a wide range of features, including order tracking, order management, and customer support.
- Affordable, transparent pricing: Deliverr has various pricing options to fit your budget.
- Multiple eCommerce fulfillment integrations
- Their eCommerce fulfillment software integrates with Shopify, Amazon, Wish, Walmart, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce
- Limited shipping options: Deliverr only ships within the United States.
- No phone support
- eCommerce fulfillment is not suitable for subscription boxed
- Their eCommerce fulfillment services start at $4.15 per unit
- Storage starts at $0.75 per square foot
- They have a cost calculator for their eCommerce fulfillment
ShipMonk is a fulfillment service that helps eCommerce businesses store, pack, and ship their products. With our powerful 3PL (third-party logistics) platform, companies can save time and money on fulfillment. ShipMonk offers integrations that work for any eCommerce store or subscription box company of all sizes looking at mastering their challenges with shipping.
Top Features of ShipMonk
- Low prices
- Over 100 integrations to make it fit with your business’s entire process and enable business growth
- Fast shipping times
- Excellent customer service
- One of the top eCommerce fulfillment companies for eCommerce brands, retail, crowdfunding, value-added services, inventory management, and more
- A great option for small businesses that need help with fulfillment but don’t have the budget for a large fulfillment service
- Transparent prices, billing and reports for accurate product inventory
- Has Shopify app integrations, which is one of the best eCommerce fulfillment eCommerce companies in the world
- Does not have as many features as some of the other fulfillment services on this list
Pricing options for ShipMonk are personalized, but they also have a pricing page and calculator to estimate your fees.
The fulfillment services reviewed in this blog post are Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), Rakuten Super Logistics, Fulfillment by Amazon, ShipBob, FedEx Fulfillment, Deliverr, and ShipMonk. Each service is ranked according to various factors, including tracking shipments, creating shipping labels, managing inventory, and offering pricing options.
In addition, the blog post reviews the pros and cons of each fulfillment service and provides pricing information. Based on the information provided in the blog post, Deliverr is one of the best fulfillment companies for businesses that need fast shipping times and a wide range of features.
However, ShipMonk is a great option for small businesses that need help with fulfillment but don’t have the budget for large fulfillment services. Finally, FedEx Fulfillment is an excellent choice for businesses that need to ship internationally.
What’s the best fulfillment service for your business? It depends on your needs. If you need fast shipping times and a wide range of features, Deliverr is one of the best fulfillment companies. However, if you’re on a budget, ShipMonk is a great option. And if you need to ship internationally, FedEx Fulfillment is an excellent choice. No matter your needs, there’s a fulfillment service that’s right for you.
Want even more online business ideas? Check out the 43 Best Ways to Make Money Online.
Do you have any experience with these fulfillment services? Let us know in the comments below!